To improve health as a population, it’s important to minimize air pollution generated by our energy industry by making an effort to cut unnecessary energy wasting in your home and workplace. Some tips to reduce such waste are listed below. Please write other good tips in the “comments” section!
- Avoid leaving random house lights on in rooms which nobody is occupying.
- Unplug your cell phone chargers from the wall when you’re not charging your phone (the charger by itself uses electricity).
- Replace your conventional light bulbs with compact fluorescent bulbs (CFLs). They use less power and often last longer!
- Don’t blast your AC when you’re not home.
- Purchase energy-efficient appliances and unplug appliances that are rarely used.
- Push congress to tighten power plant emissions regulations and explore cleaner energy options by contacting your state representatives.
If you enjoyed this article and have a Yahoo, Google, or Twitter account, please join my blog! Here you can leave comments and feedback. Simply click the “join this site” button to the right, log in using your account info, and click “follow publicly.” Thanks!!